I've REALLY been enjoying not being in the kitchen this summer as much as usual. I've been able to cook for a month both for June and July. I'm actually considering cooking for August, September and October all in all shot. I've never freezer cooked at this level. Here's my thought process:
- Homeschooling would be less overwhelming (We are starting Aug. 9) if dinner was already made.
- Volleyball season will be starting soon. Having food made means less eating out.
- Grocery shopping time would be reduced and hopefully the miscellaneous spending that usually happens
- Less dishes to do each day
- I'd be more likely to exercise in the evenings if I didn't have big kitchen clean up
- I could have the girls help me more if they didn't have school work and other activities to do.
- It's going to take some financial savy. Might have to borrow from savings to come up with that amount of money. (Or maybe this will encourage me to sell off some books.)
- It's going to have to happen during our last week of summer before school. Not so relaxing.
- It's seems a bit overwhelming right now. That's about 90 meals!
- I'd have to get really organized and clean out the freezer first.
What are your thoughts? Have any of you freezer cooked to this extent? Am I just crazy to even consider it?