Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dry Rub

Being that it's summer, there's not a lot of baking and cooking going on while it's so hot. For us it is meat on the grill and fresh vegetables and fruit. My friend, Beth, introduced me to this recipe that tastes delicious on any kind of grill meat with ingredients that are right in your cupboard. She always made it from memory and often without measuring. I've done my best to simulate her creation and found this to be pretty close. It's a little spicy and a little sweet. I like to slice the left over meat thinly and add to a salad for the next meal.

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 comment:

CC said...

Yum! Wonder how it would be on my camping propane stove (that's our idea of a bbq!)