Sunday, October 5, 2008

Easiest Ever Banana Bread

Okay, so maybe this isn't technically a bread, but it tastes like it. It's much healthier than cake, takes no time to prepare and it's yet another way to get rid of those brown bananas. Enjoy!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 16-20
Cost: Approx. $1.50

1 box yellow cake mix ($.90)
4 bananas smashed ($.50)
1 egg
1/4-1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients well. The batter should be thick. Place in 2 greased bread pans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

4 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Think this would freeze ok? I would think so; have you tried it?

Monica said...

It freezes great. I just wrap it in Plastic Wrap and then Foil.

Amy said...

I have recently found another good use for brown bananas - freeze them and use them in smoothies! I use about 1/2 banana for each one. They turn really brown, but they taste good, and you don't have to add ice to the smoothie.

Heidi Stone said...

I have this recipe in the oven right now. (Except I used skim milk instead of water since I have a ton of it that's about to expire!)

Can't wait to try them!