Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Irish Oats

I love Irish Oats. They're crunchy, creamy, nutty and comforting. Beyond that they are a great source of fiber and nutrition. They provided hearty breakfast that will last through the morning. The only downside is that these take about 10 times as long to cook than regular oatmeal and actually require attention. These facts almost persuaded me from passing up a 25 pound bag for $12.50. I knew that there had to be an easy way to prepare these. With a little research, I found the answer. Enter the rice cooker. It's breakfast for pennies at our house.

Easy Irish Oats

Prep time: none
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 4

1 cup Irish Oats
3 cups water (replace with 1/2 cup milk if desired)
1 Tbsp butter

Add all ingredients to the rice cooker. When oats are cooked top with favorite ingredients and serve. I like mine with cinnamon, maple syrup and pecans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow that looks really really yummy!!!