Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Barbeque Chicken

I bought 12 chicken thighs on Manager's Special for $2.75. I needed to use them up quick so I made this sauce before putting them in the oven before church. When we got home they were delicious and tender.

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Serves 8-10
Cost: approx. $3.00 due to the sale


1/4 cup ketchup
6 Tablespoons Vinegar
2 Tablespoons water
4 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper


Mix all ingredients. Place the chicken in a baking pan and cover in sauce. Bake covered for 15 minutes at 475. Turn down heat and bake remaining time at 350.

**Next time I think I will make more sauce to reserve for dipping.**

1 comment:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yum! I make one like that without the red pepper but WITH a can of coke. :)