Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stuffed Shells

This is an all-time favorite and easy to assemble since the noodles are raw when stuffed. The noodles soften in the sauce overnight and taste as though they had been already cooked. The kids love the have the job of stuffing the shells, but be prepared for a little mess:)


Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8
Cost: Approx. $5.50


1 block of cream cheese ($1.00)
2 cups mozzarella cheese ($1.00)
1 egg
1 box large shell pasta ($2.25)
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
Pepper to taste
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce ($1.25)


Mix together cheeses, egg, garlic and pepper well. Place mixture in large Ziplock bag and seal. Cut the corner off the bag to allow cheese to squeeze through. Fill pasta shells and freeze.


Take frozen pasta shells and place in 9x13 pan. Cover with sauces and let set overnight in refrigerator covered.

When ready to bake. Place covered 9x13 in oven at 305 degrees and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

9 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

We love this! I've never done it without cooking the shells! That will make it SO much easier!! Thanks, friend!

Anonymous said...

A while back I bought a BUNCH of cream cheese in bulk, and then didn't end up using it like I thought I would. It's going to expire in a few weeks, and I've been trying to figure out what in the world to do with it... now I know! Thanks so much for the recipe!

~ Amy @ Memoirs of a Mommy

Tara said...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO COOK THE SHELLS????????? Where was this recipe years ago when I quit making stuffed shells because it was a sloppy squishy mess? I ask you, where??? Amazing. Really, cool.

Unknown said...

I think I might make this tonight. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These look great! But I was wondering, did you mean 350 degrees? You wrote 305. Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Wow! These were really yummy and my whole family loved them! That is saying a lot because I have a REALLY PICKY family. Thanks so much for the recipe.

Christy said...

I have a question - do you keep the filled shells in the freezer and then just take them out the night before you want to make them? They don't break? This sounds so delicious.

Monica said...

Christy, yes, you put the filled shells in the freezer or just top it with sauce and let them soak for overnight before baking. The shells stand up well and I've never had problem with breaking. Hope you enjoy!

lydia said...

Thank you for posting this recipe! I made it last week and LOVED it! I made one 8X8 pan for supper that night and froze one 8x8 pan! Pretty good for two meals!