Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Banana French Toast

Last weekend I was needing to use up some bananas and decided to incorporate them into our Sunday brunch. I didn't measure ingredients, so these are approximations.

Prep Time: less than 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8-10
Cost: approx. $2.00

1 loaf of bread ($1.00)
6 eggs ($.50)
2 cups milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas

Place eggs, milk, vanilla and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth. Dip bread into mixture, cook on non stick griddle. Top with syrup or warm vanilla cream sauce.

Find the recipe and many others at The Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap.

2 comments:

Duckygirl said...

Ooooh, these sound yummy! I even have a loaf of texas toast bread and a couple of frozen bananas in my freezer, this is really going on our menu this week!

-Laura

SentimentsbyDenise said...

Monica - Tonight I found your blog through The Grocery Cart Challenge blog that I discovered a few days ago. While reading through your wonderful recipes and frugal meal planning, I was impressed! I also saw that you mentioned the names of a couple of your children in your posts and it got me thinking that I might know you. So digging deeper I soon found that I don't know you personally (though I believe we've met at least once at my daughter's HS grad open house)I do know that your husband and my son teach at the same school (and Sean was both of my children's Physics teacher when they went to Covenant).
How fun is that!
I bookmarked your blog (and the other one) so I could come back and visit frequently. So glad I happened upon this tonight!
Blessings
Denise Foxworthy