Monday, January 3, 2011

Waking up

One of my goals for this next year is to wake this blog of mine up. It seems that since the Elimination Diet ended last spring I stopped being creative in the kitchen. I believe this resulted from being burnt out from fixing every recipe from scratch and having to micromanage every aspect of our food. Then, from August to November we ate entirely out of the freezer. November until now? Well, I'm not quite sure.

It's clear that we are all ready for some variety around here. After completing the budget for the coming year, cutting down on our food bill is going to be of the utmost importance. I know it's doable, it's just going to require some ingenuity and planning on my part.

So here are my goals for 2011:

1) Serve at least one new recipe a week.

2) Review at least one recipe book or magazine per month.

3) Teach each of my children how to make three complete meals each.

4) Make larger dinner portions with the hopes of leftovers for lunch, thus reducing work and waste.

5) Shop only once per week.

6) Serve two vegetarian dinners per week.

7) Eat out for special occasions, not desperation.

Do you have goals for your cooking in 2011?

1 comment:

Tisha Alexander said...

I also want to lower our grocery bill. Right now I spend $300 every two weeks and I struggle to stay in budget. You have some great goals for 2011. :)