Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why all the beans?


A very good question. I do realize that almost all of the recipes here have some sort of bean in them so far, but I have my reasons. First, it's what I have a lot of right now and I've challenged myself to a $400 grocery budget for the month. Second, beans are a great source of protein and fiber. I'm trying to fill these children up so that they aren't asking for a snack 2 hours after a meal. I figure even if I'm able to add beans as a small component of the dish it's better than nothing. Third, for the most part we like them.

You should try them, too. You know they are the musical fruit:)

1 comment:

Monica said...

I am enjoying the new blog. Thank you for taking the time to share all the great information and the comic relief is great! I am looking forward to getting back into the kitchen!