Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cooking Rut

Coming out of winter and into the summertime menu, I feel like in a cooking rut here. Winter just seems so much easier with stews, soups and casseroles. Summer is a different situation altogether. Everyone is a bit hungrier because we are more active and yet, nothing sounds good.

So, I'm calling out for help. Please share you favorite summer main dish! You can leave it in a comment, give me a link or email me. I'll try it out and feature it on this blog. And my family will be forever grateful that they are not eating the same ole thing.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Pasta salads are awlays a favorite, salads, grilled kabobs, sandwiches and fruit (like chicken salad, tuna salad, etc.)

Alaina said...

We are big fans of giant salads - chicken or steak grilled and cut in strips (stretches it) and lots of toppings (black beans, cheese, tomatoes, avacado etc. or strawberries, nuts, etc. - you get the idea). :) We also like pasta dishes or stir-fry with or without meat - I use whatever fresh vegetables I have and make simple sauces. I use recipes less in the summer. :)

Unknown said...

What about the idea of a baked potato bar. We bake potatoes and put all the "fixings" out and everyone chooses their own toppings. We like bacon bits, sour cream, salsa, cheese, chili, and onions.