Prep Time: 15 minutes (to cook rice)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Cost: Approx. $3.00 (or free if your using left overs)
3 cups dry rice
6 cups water
2 Tbsp butter
Left over meat (pork, chicken, beef, fish)
2 carrots chopped
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 small onion finely chopped
1. Gather your ingredients. Cook rice.
2. Cut meat into bite sized pieces and until no longer pink and set aside. I often just set aside a piece of meat from a previous meal for this very purpose.
3. Melt butter. Place onion and carrots on griddle and cover with a layer of rice. Generously cover in soy sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Let cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn and add more soy sauce.
4. After turning rice make a hole in the middle in which to crack the eggs. Scramble slightly and let eggs cook until they begin to harden. Incorporate into rice buy tossing like your a chef at a Japanese restaurant. (That's my favorite part.)
5. Mix in meat and peas. Serve hot.
Now wasn't that easy?
Post a Comment