Monday, May 7, 2012

Green Smoothie

This smoothie is tops any ice cream shake I've ever tried.  True.  It is green, but don't let that deter you.  This has become my lunch staple recently.  It's truly filling and chases away any afternoon cravings for sweets.  Whenever I make it, the kids beg me for sips. There is not even a hint of spinach flavor. Promise.    I tell you, this green smoothie is like having dessert for a nutritious, satisfying meal. 

I spent some time looking up the nutritional value. Pretty Impressive.

Calories: 375
Fat: 13 g
Fiber 8 g
Calcium 54%
Vit. B 25%
B12 50%
Vit E 50%
Vit A 125%
Riboflavin 25%
Zinc 10%
Vit C 65%
Iron 15%
Vit D 25%


Green Smoothie

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Yields: Approx. 20 oz
Cost:  Approx $1.50

1 1/2 Frozen Sliced Bananas ($.50)
1 Cup vanilla almond milk ($.50)
2 Tbsp of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter  ($. 25)
3 cups spinach (3 oz) ($.25)

In a blender mix together bananas, milk and peanut butter until smooth.  (For an icy drink add 1 cup of crushed ice.)  Add spinach and continue blending until smooth.  If the drink is too thick add almond milk until desired consistency.

No comments: