Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
Cost: approx. $3.00
6 quarts of popped popcorn ($2.00)
1 cup brown sugar ($.25)
1/2 cup butter ($.75)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Place popcorn in large paper sack and set aside.
2. In microwave safe dish place brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Heat 3 minutes. Stir. Heat 1 1/2 minutes. Add baking soda and stir.
3. Pour syrup over the popcorn, seal top of bag by folding over and shake.
4. Place bag in the microwave on its side for 45 seconds. Then turn the bag over and heat and additonal 45 seconds.
5. Spread out to cool or eat it while it's still warm.