Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thai Noodles in Peanut Sauce

When I'm having a craving for some Thai food this meal usually does the trick. This one dish supper is easy and fast and it can be made mild or hot according to your personal taste.

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
Serves: 8-10
Cost: approx. $4.75 (without meat)



1 package Thai/Rice Noodles ($2.99)


1 small bag frozen stir fry veggies ($1.25)

1/3 milk (coconut milk would be better)

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust for flavor)

2 tablespoons minced garlic

1/4 cup cilantro (optional)


A pound of lean ground beef or chicken could easily be added to this dish.



1. Prepare noodles per package directions while steaming vegetables.


2. Mix all ingredients for peanut sauce well and toss with hot Thai noodles. Top with steamed stir fry vegetables.



The results are in....

This recipe always gets 9 thumbs up in our house!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks yummy. I've been enjoying this blog. You've enspired me. If you can feed your crew for $400, than I certainly should be able to feed mine for much less!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

MMMM. We love Thai! Definitely going to try this.

Hamster said...

Hi Monica
Here's more Tasty thai dishes you can make yourself
might be interested in this website.
www.thaifoodtonight.com

mindi said...

This looks fantastic. Something I'm going to have to try!

shay said...

What a great recipe!
Thanks. I'm going to try it after our company leaves (I'm not brave enough to try something new on friends first).

Anonymous said...

I need to try this recipe--it looks wonderful!
:)Kat

Nicki said...

OK I know this post is over a year old but I just tried this (as in I'm sitting in front of an empty bowl right now) and it was quite delicious. The kids loved it too and we have leftovers! Thank you!